On this blog, I talk a lot about having goals and meeting deadline. I think it’s very important to have a road map and idea of where you’re going and where you plan to end up. Of course we make plans and then life laughs in our face by throwing curve balls to ruin them, still a solid plan is important. One of the things that I like to do is to make goals and a plans for different milestones.
The thirty year milestone to me is a very important milestone. Right now I have big girl bills and big girl life problems but honestly sometimes I really don’t feel like an adult quite yet. Just yesterday I wrote a post where I talked about how my coworkers treat me like a kid.
Honestly sometimes I still feel like a kid. I still watch my cartoons. I still enjoy colorful, fruity flavored popsicles, and I still eat lucky charms for breakfast. Sometimes my parents even ask me silly questions like do I have money for gas or for lunch as if I don’t work a salary paying job that pays well.
For some reason I feel that I really won’t feel like a full blown adult until I’ve reached that thirty year old milestone. When you’ve turned thirty, you’ve basically lived three whole decades. Wow! That’s a pretty long time. I am six years and some change from hitting the thirty year mark and I have a lot that I want to accomplish in these short six years.
Lately it seems like time is flying by way to fast and it’s scary to me. I don’t ever want to wake up on January 30th,2020, my thirtieth birthday, and find that I have not accomplished anything that I wanted to. Here’s a list of thirty things that I plan (will) do before I’m 30.
- Pay off $20,000 in student loan debt
- Pay off my $16,000 car note
- Pay off $3000 in credit card debt
- Purchase and rent a property with two or more rental units
- Build a net worth of at least $600,000
- Flip at least ten houses and collect the cash
- Purchase a new car in my late 20s
- Have an emergency fund of at minimum $100,000
- Buy a House in my late 20s
- Have at least $30,000 saved in savings account for my future children’s college ( I don’t have any kids yet but saving for their college early is important to me. I know this is a weird goal.)
11. Have at least 10,000 subscribers to this blog
12. Have at least 1300 post on this blog
13. Complete at least 200 contract flips with real estate investment business
14. Expand real estate business across at least 5 states
15. Start and run at least two successful niche sites
16. Have a successful ecommerce site
Vacations I plan to do
17. Take a 2 month vacation abroad
18. Visit Italy, Paris, France, London, and Ireland
19.Visit Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Barbados
20. Visit Mexico, Brazil, Chile
21. Visit Niagara Falls
22. Do a cross country road trip in an rv from the east coast to the west coast
Random things I plan to do before I’m 30
23. Have a Vegas Wedding
24. Attend a least 6 more concerts
25. Take a building trades course ( I’m secretly really into home improvement)
26. Take a baking course
27. Publish one of my novels
28. Get a dog
29.Quit my job ( Of course)
30. Move to a major city
Well, there you go folks these are what I plan to do before I hit the 30 milestone. It seems like a lot but it’s actually not. I have six years to accomplish everything on this list which is a long time, even though it’ll probably pass in a blank of an eye. I have faith that I can do it and I know that I will. When I make accomplishments and do what’s on this list, I will definitely update you guys and show you that it can be done.
Do you have anything that you plan to do before the 30 milestone age? Or maybe you’ll be turning 40 or 50 in a few years? What’s your goals and plans?